When: July 25-August 31, 2018
Where: Silicon Valley, California
Honorarium: $1500 plus travel (if needed), food and housing at the Montalvo Arts Center.
Kaimera Productions, an international live arts company, is looking for a Creative Coder to join their team at an upcoming residency in Silicon Valley, California. The focus of the all-inclusive 5-week residency is the development of DATAPRINT, an interactive multimedia installation that invites audiences to examine the impact of their online fingerprint, as well as question the ethics of data privacy. The presentation will be premiered in San Francisco, USA, and Bangalore, India. More information about the project can be found at www.kaimeraproductions.com/dataprint.
- Creating a 3D simulated ecosystem in Unity
- Generating a point cloud of people’s faces using a Kinect with openFrameworks and piping that data to Unity
- Making simple input kiosks to interface with the Unity environment using your choice of technology
- Helping with installation/hardware setup
- Providing creative input with the rest of the team
- Strong knowledge of and a lot of experience with Unity
– Ability to put together unique primitive-based characters OR 3D-modeling experience
– Basic multiplayer networking
– Physics-based animations OR rigging/animating
– Lighting and visual environment crafting
– Some basic openFrameworks experience
– Must be able to link a couple of add-ons together
– The ability to learn new things on the spot
- Experience with Kinect in openFrameworks
- Basic web dev
- A solid creative practice (read: not looking for a technician)
- Installation/hardware experience
- Collaborating with an international team of artists and creatives;
- An all inclusive stay at one of the most prestigious arts residencies in the country (includes 5 meals per week prepared by a chef-in-residence);
- If successful, this collaboration can serve as a beginning to an ongoing involvement on the DATAPRINT project, being developed with partners in US, France, Portugal, and India.
Please email resume, at least 2 work samples, and short cover letter to [email protected].
Position must be filled by July 13th, 2018.